1. A complete dental examination is an important part of maintaining your oral health. Your dentist will examine your teeth, gums and jaw joints to look for signs of wear or infection. Dental xrays help us see beneath the gums and between teeth to make sure that everything is in good shape. Early detection of problems helps prevent bigger issues later – our goal is to save you time and money!
2. Periodontal (gum) disease does not hurt. Gum disease begins when bacteria are able to creep beneath the gums to form toxin-based deposits on the root surfaces of teeth. This leads to gum infection, which, over time, can cause teeth to become loose and fall out. By monitoring your oral health with regular dental examinations, we can take measures to prevent and treat gum disease as soon as possible. Gum disease does not usually ‘hurt’, so staying on schedule with your dental hygienist is very important to your oral health.
3. Dental problems are the #1 reason that children miss school. Baby teeth and young adult teeth are also at risk of tooth decay and infection. The American Dental Association® recommends that children visit their dentist at least twice a year for preventive care. We can also help you with teaching your child good brushing and flossing habits; this will pay big dividends for them as they mature.
4. Oral cancer is a growing problem in the U.S. Silent and deadly, the number of oral cancer diagnoses are increasing daily at a staggering pace. Our dentists perform an oral cancer screening during your complete dental examination appointments. Oral cancer is a very aggressive disease, but if detected early, life-saving treatment is possible.
5. Medical Links to Dental Health: Research continues to reveal the connections between oral health and overall body health. Inflammation and infection in the mouth can affect the entire body and is especially difficult for patients that have conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or cancer. Keeping your mouth healthy through regular examinations and cleanings can help reduce the risk of dental-related medical complications.
We are just a phone call away to schedule your regular cleaning and examination appointment. Contact Us today to stay on track with your oral health!
Winterville Dental, PC is located at 104 Moores Grove Road, Winterville Georgia 30683. Our general and cosmetic dentists Dr. Phillip Durden and Dr. Brandon Whitworth share years of experience in preventive, restorative and cosmetic dental procedures such as placement of dental implants, orthodontics and CEREC same-day crowns. Our family dental office is 7 minutes east of Athens, Georgia. We invite you to visit our web site www.wintervilledental.com to learn more about our dentists and our practice.